100 songs that are ridiculously overused in fanvids and fanmixes, yet I love’em still [25/100]Marina and The Diamonds- Oh No
‘It is, it’s one of the greatest parts you’ll ever play as an actress. Except it’s the reverse of Hamlet because he spends three hours worrying and does nothing, whereas Medea takes an hour and 15, massacres the whole fucking stage and walks off. But it’s great because she uses every shred of femininity that she has to do it, and she also has the complexity of guilt.’
totally talkin about x-men in my applied health science paper
can i get an amen
the paper got 20/20
Doctor Who tropes I enjoy, which you are free to dislike, but should really represent fairly:
- Female characters who come in a range from tall to short, from insecure to confident, from afraid of commitment to unwavering loyal, who are clever in different ways and have vastly different senses of humor but all manage to hold their own with the Doctor
- Companions who learn over time that the Doctor is more complicated than they thought when they first met him, who have to learn to live independently of him and choose another life; conversely, companions who consistently call the Doctor out on keeping secrets, frightening children unnecessarily, or abandoning them in the dark
- Close emotional bonds include banter that doesn’t hurt either party; but sometimes bickering does happen and that doesn’t spell the end of a relationship
- the Doctor, in an interesting role reversal, being insecure about how his regeneration has changed his relationship with his companion
- the Doctor being a grumpy old grandfather who still bows to his companion’s wisdom and does as she says
- Exploring things from the past of the show like the Doctor’s childhood on Gallifrey in a meaningful way; fun references to Classic Who and earlier eras because the Doctor is still the same man, and because the fact that the show can adapt and reinvent itself while holding onto continuity is part of what has allowed it to survive so long
- yeah okay I’ll give you that last one
Nice. Thanks, NASA!
NASA is amazing. Scroll to the bottom for other sci fi lit assistance!